News Comments

Vice City Stories you say ?
Last night three trademarks showed up on the United States Patent and Trademark Office. All three of them were filed earlier this week, on March 21, by the publisher of the Grand Theft Auto series, Take-Two Interactive. It is none other than Vice City Stories! Possibly the name of the next GTA for the PSP and a TV series. Yes, you heard me. A TV series! Read on to find out more about this amazing news....

Trade Mark 1:

Vice City Stories: Computer game programs, computer game software, computer game cartridges and instruction manuals included therewith.

This description is the same for all the other GTA games, so it could only be the name of a next GTA.

Trade Mark 2:

Vice City Stories: Clothing, namely, shirts, t-shirts, sweatshirts, casual and leisure jackets; headgear, namely hats and caps; footwear.

Basicly all types of clothing, similar to what Rockstar did for GTA: San Andreas and GTA: Vice City.

Trade Mark 3:

Vice City Stories: Entertainment services in the nature of the production and distribution of motion picture films; production of prerecorded video cassettes, video discs and laser discs; entertainment services in the nature of a live-action and/or animated television program series and production of live-action, and/or animated motion picture films for television; entertainment services in the nature of computer games provided and played through a global computer network.

This one sure is interesting. Just a while back rumors spun onto the web about a possible GTA TV show to be featured on Spike TV. It would be great to see a show similar to that of Miami Vice, either real live or animated like Family Guy.

Of course these are just trademarks, and could not even be the name of a future GTA. But the possibility is there and we'll be sure to keep you posted! For now head on over to the forums and start discussing! To see it for yourself, go to USPTO.gov and search for Vice City Stories under the trademark section.

Related: GTAViceCityStories.com, ViceCityStories.net and GTAVCS.com.

Thanks goes to everyone for crediting me on my great find.
Posted by Adriaan on March 26th, 2006
Comment Left By: MichaelJackson
I'm so happy, I was hoping it would be set in Vice happy.gif
In my opinion, Vice City was the best of all the GTA cities.
Anyways, I got bored and made this.
Vice rocked! I hope it's not set in the 80's though. It would be cool to see it set in the 2000's. I hope they improve the cars.
Comment Left By: rhd
I want to see vice city in a present day
Comment Left By: el superhippo
I wonder how exactly the T.V show will be like...
Comment Left By: midget^
I think it'll be some sort of "extras" umd that comes with the game.

Could be some kind of GTA background story to fill you in everything that's happened from vice city up (80s) to liberty city (90s).

Can't wait for the game though, I completed GTA:LCS way too fast and now I'm stuck with a gameless PSP. Vice City was, imo, the best GTA so hopefully this will be good.

Also... wonder if there'll be a San Andreas Stories...?
Comment Left By: MichaelJackson
QUOTE(midget^ @ Mar 26 2006, 03:50 PM)
Also... wonder if there'll be a San Andreas Stories...?

Yeah it's been discussed to death, we've come to the conclusion it wouldn't fit unless it was split in two.
Welcome to the forums by the way, always good to see some people from weebls-stuff.
Comment Left By: san<>tran
Well I guess that's it, next GTA will be in Vice, but I'd be better in SA since Vice wasn't the 2002 game of the year that year....Battlefield 1942 was...
Comment Left By: Adriaan
That doesn't say anything san<>tran . Vice City was and is an amazing game, I'd say the storyline for Vice City Stories would be the best ever for a GTA. Thank God they didn't go all "gangsta" with San Andreas for the PSP.... although the possibility is still there.
Comment Left By: BoBo
Yessssssssssssss!!! I love vice city.
Comment Left By: Charger
NNNNNNNNNNNNNO I dont like Vice I wanted NEW City hope its just a rumor. I will go with Vice if it at least the present, but anyways, I will get it Vice or not, its GTA.
Comment Left By: Adriaan
Well ultimately this is just a rumor now, with a hard fact prooving it as a possibility. Tor Thorsen if you're reading this, I'll be waiting for your Rumor Control article wink.gif . Maybe mention your Vice City Stories post of last year in it.
Comment Left By: MJ2k
I was looking at that last trade mark (it actually says it's a 'service mark' because it's for a service not a product)

Doesn't it seem more likely that it's for some sort of online service, rather than any of the other services mentioned?
Comment Left By: Adriaan
A TV show is a service, yes.
Comment Left By: Suffer Under Me
I had expected there to be a Vice City stories, lets just see what happens or if it even happens at all. I wonder if they will stick with the 80's theme...

I made some random Vice City Stories art:

GTA Vice City Stories
Comment Left By: san<>tran
They might make it a late 80's or early 90's theme. I wonder what Vice would look present time.
Comment Left By: mmmm
WOOOOOOO VICE CITY! WOOOOOOO PSP! WOOOOOOOO 80S AGAIN! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
Comment Left By: BoBo
i hope they keep it in the 80's
Wait who made those two topics Vice City "Stories" about that Radio Theory
oh wait a minute that was me
and none of you thought i was right
what now people what now
Comment Left By: mmmm
QUOTE(Original GTA Master @ Mar 26 2006, 07:29 PM)
Wait who made those two topics Vice City "Stories" about that Radio Theory
oh wait a minute that was me
and know of you thought i was right
what now people what now

it still isint offical i mean they bought the domain gta tokoyo and we dont have a gta based on Japan now do we but meh i still think its gonna happen tongue.gif
Comment Left By: Original GTA Master
yeah but see every once and a while there is more and more evidence that shows that it will be the next GTA game for the PSP and my theory was one of the first things to start the whole evidence thing but deffinetly not as much as this is.
by the way im not saying i was the first to have a VC thing but i had good theories that proved certain things right and you cant deny that
Comment Left By: Spaz The Great
QUOTE(Original GTA Master @ Mar 27 2006, 12:29 AM)
Wait who made those two topics Vice City "Stories" about that Radio Theory
oh wait a minute that was me
and know of you thought i was right
what now people what now

You have nothing to rub in, sir. No one((atleast not me)) said you were wrong. what we said was you weren't right. You cannot be proven right or wrong until the game comes out. And I was saying;

1. You do NOT know the city, I don't care if you have a thousand clues pointing to VC, it has NOT been officially announced, so you do NOT know.

2. I'd prefer a new city, for multiple reasons.

What now, OGM? What now?

But yeah, Adriaan so showed this to me before he posted it here. I'm cooler than all of you.

A TV show would be interesting, to say the least.
Comment Left By: reMix
i see rockstars selling out with a tv series.
Comment Left By: Original GTA Master
well did you notice that there is more and more evidence linking to the fact that Vice City Stories is the next game why dont you admit it that it is very possible that it is the next GTA game
Comment Left By: Spaz The Great
QUOTE(Original GTA Master @ Mar 27 2006, 05:08 PM)

I never said it wasn't possible. I simply stated that you do not know for a fact that you are 100% correct. I also said that I'd prefer a new city.
Comment Left By: Charger
Its not going to be Vice its going to be another city or a new one, not vice
(This is just my opinion) dry.gif
Comment Left By: Spaz The Great
QUOTE(Charger @ Mar 27 2006, 06:21 PM)
Its not going to be Vice its going to be another city or a new one, not vice

And, as I JUST STATED, YOU do not know THAT for a fact, either.
Comment Left By: Adriaan
QUOTE(Charger @ Mar 27 2006, 08:21 PM)
Its not going to be Vice its going to be another city or a new one, not vice

Either you work for R* or you have a magic crystal ball. Or you're just like most people... taking a wild guess and trying to look "cool".
Comment Left By: Charger
QUOTE(Adriaan @ Mar 27 2006, 10:28 AM)

I was not trying to look cool I was just giving my opinion not to be VICE
Comment Left By: MichaelJackson
QUOTE(Charger @ Mar 27 2006, 07:36 PM)
I was not trying to look cool I was just giving my opinion not to be VICE

If it's an opinion why did you state it as a fact?
Comment Left By: Charger
Well i was not trying to seem it as a Fact I shoul just Edit it first
Comment Left By: Original GTA Master
the fact is, is that R* has three trade marks on GTA VCS T-Shirts, GTA VCS video game and GTA VCS TV-series just like they did with GTA IV and GTA V along with GTA VI which most likely will be used in the future so im laying down the facts which adriaan already did but im re-stating them

sorry if i messed those roman numerals up or something
Comment Left By: Spaz The Great
QUOTE(Original GTA Master @ Mar 27 2006, 08:21 PM)

sorry if i messed those roman numerals up or something

Nah, I think the numerals are correct.

But then again, they ALSO have the trademarks for such things as GTA Bogota, GTA Tokyo, and GTA Sin City. Are you saying those games will be coming out, too?
Comment Left By: GWIZZ
vice city was cool but i would go gangster with it!
Comment Left By: mmmm
QUOTE(GWIZZ @ Mar 27 2006, 05:32 PM)
vice city was cool but i would go gangster with it!

Uh never, that gangster style ruined the game for me, Vice City was a nice map i hope they dont ruin it, i hope this game stays in the '80 so we can see some good music, Lazlo anyone? what about Love First? anyone?
Comment Left By: Original GTA Master
you never know those might be future games like way in the future like they might be doing the far east now and Tokyo and i guess Bagoto or w/e are over there i think i know Tokyo is but then Sin City could be over there too.

Gangsta would ruin VC it pratically ruined SA but thats what SA was but i hated the whole gangsta shit in that game Mafia is soo much better.

I loved VC map i thought it was perfect i love playing that with MTA. yeah me and this one guy were saying it could be in 1989 he has a three year theory
1986 - VC
1989 - VCS
1992 - SA
1995 - SAS
1998 - LCS
2001 - GTA III
im not sure if its true but it could be you never know about that certain shit with dates.
The music was awsome in VC i hope they keep the 80s music if its based in the year 1989. But Lazlow wont be in that on VRock cause he was fired at the end of the VRock thing. Then Love Fist im not too sure about.
Comment Left By: LoLo
i hope its true
Comment Left By: GWIZZ
the gangsta shit was cool! I hope they turn vice city gheeto! Maybe it's 2004 and the city becames like sa but worse!
Comment Left By: mmmm
No way dude VC always seemed like a brighter place and not all gehtto and crap, im hoping thye base it like around the late '80s like sometime between '87-'89 that way they can put some GNR on the radio tongue.gif but its just not suppose to be like GTA SA im pretty sure they wont turn all gehtto with VC anyway closedeyes.gif
Comment Left By: Spaz The Great
QUOTE(GWIZZ @ Mar 28 2006, 04:03 AM)

No. It wasn't. If they did that to VC, I'd be pissed. You wanna-be thugs need to get a life.
Comment Left By: Mr no name
it's about time for new vice city now we can see a new improved vice city storyline.
Comment Left By: $nake
yh baby!!
yeah but the last mission in VC was perfect well it was too me
I want to see more missions like that where there is a big ass gun fire scene or something

SA was crap CJ was a big ass puss
Comment Left By: mmmm
QUOTE(Original GTA Master @ Mar 28 2006, 03:00 PM)
yeah but the last mission in VC was perfect well it was too me

SA was crap CJ was a big ass puss

Yup tongue.gif i wanna see more missions like 'cop land' that mission was so fun, that one and another like the mission 'sir yes sir!' those to where so fun heopefully we'll those kind of missions and not like the ones in LCS where they only take about 30 seconds to complete!!! glare.gif
Comment Left By: san<>tran
Its impossible to tell where the next GTA is going to be, but it is possible to see where R* is going with this.
Comment Left By: Original GTA Master
Well i use my Radio Theory and so far it hasnt been proven me wrong so ill stick with that until it is proven wrong

Comment Left By: $nake
vice city stories yh play as tommy again biggrin.gif
Comment Left By: Silent Sniper
I think that it would be cool to play as a person who works 4 tommy.
Comment Left By: Silent Sniper
Maybe have tommy set up his own mafia in VC
Comment Left By: Original GTA Master
uh first off dont double post people get pissed off for some reason.
second Tommy already has a Mafia Family , The Vercetti Crime Family.
Tommy V all the way i want him in VCS in some way.
Comment Left By: MichaelJackson
I think Take2 might have made that trademark knowing someone would find it, just to see what reaction it gets. After all, we all know R* have visited this site many times before, perhaps they're reading this right now...............probably not though.
Comment Left By: Spaz The Great
QUOTE($nake @ Mar 29 2006, 08:44 AM)
vice city stories yh play as tommy again  biggrin.gif

Yeah, because we definitely played as Claud in LCS, right?

QUOTE(MichaelJackson @ Mar 30 2006, 06:18 PM)

Knowing Rockstar, we really, don't, know. I wouldn't really put it past them, either. They seem like ones to enjoy screwing with our heads. tongue.gif
Comment Left By: Original GTA Master
I dought they would just buy a trade mark for the hell of it. Didnt R* get into some money problems, so no they wouldnt just do that for the hell of it.
Yeah i dont think they'll use Tommy either but i really wish that they'd use him again.
Comment Left By: tony
i wonder if the tv series will be exactly like the game
Comment Left By: Original GTA Master
If it is an actual TV-Series and people arent mistaking this for a commercial i hope that it is all of VC stories with everyone from VC 86' and VCS and which ever years that is from. Obviously if its called VCS the TV-Series then it wont really include much of the other cities.
Comment Left By: SMCentral
well as soon as the TV show comes out im recording it and posting on the internet for the people outta the USA/UK etc places it will show
wow thats nice of you
Comment Left By: Spaz The Great
NO ONE is reading the entire effin' trademark. "TV SERIES" is not the only thing in the trademark.

I bolded, underlined, and increased the size of the most intriguing part of the "trademark".
Comment Left By: SMCentral
OK but im still gonna record it for you

PLEASE PM ME TO HAVE THE DOWNLOAD LINK SOON COMING AS SOON AS THE TV SERIES IS GONNA COME OUT
Comment Left By: lewis aka lpc
it sounds great i hope all the gta's are released on the psp, i just hope thair are more fetures on the psp(for vice stories), and i wonder what a cheat devise would be like 4 vice stories lol, if any 1 got anymoer infomation email me on l.p.c91@hotmail.com

peace! l.p.c from the UK
Comment Left By: thuglife_2006
vice city was good not great how can u say gta san andreas was crap its still the best game that has been released since ever cj has the best atitiude it was amazingly advanced and so big vice city was kinda small and graphics where boring the best part of it was that it was modeled after scarface storyline was crap compared to san andreas and not many missions i wish they made sanandreas for psp tommy vercetti looked like a fag compared to cj it also had better music on the radio stations i loved the gangsta feel especilly in los santos
Comment Left By: Original GTA Master
CJ was a retard he was such a pussy
Tommy was a lot better the Mafia feel was better
Comment Left By: kyleedwards11
vcs would be soooo AWSOME!!!
Comment Left By: mmmm
QUOTE(thuglife_2006 @ Apr 12 2006, 03:38 AM)

CJ was a little bitch to Sweet the whole game, Tommy Vercetti had the badass attitude, the 'I dont give a shit' attitude, Vice City had THE best soundtrack, come on V-Rock <3, the gangster feel was pretty dumb, the HUD in Vice City way better, plus WTF Vice City was NOT based on that gay movie Scareface, it was modeled after the TV show Miami Vice, hence the name Vice City.